Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dreaming of My Deck Flowers

I can tell it's almost February because that is when I start wishing I could go out to my deck and enjoy my flowers. Ah, to be sitting on that glider in the late afternoon sun with a glass of wine.....watching the butterflies..........................



A few people wandered over to this blog and emailed me to see if I was planning to post any time soon. I had not planned to post anything until about May. It will be that long until the 4 feet of snow on top of the deck is finally gone and I can get out there and plant.

In the meantime I found these videos of the deck from last year and I thought some of my new readers might enjoy seeing them.


When the first one ends, click the second one. It's a continuation. (I could not figure out how to get it all on one.)


6 comments:

SallyC said...

good morning!

What a welcome post. It seems like a long time till gardening will resume but won't it be wonderful!

Have a good day.

Saslly

Dani said...

Wow- I can't believe how much you do. I see how tablescaping is probably taking your time more in the winter since you don't have your flowers right now. It's simply lovely though! Do you participate on growsonyou(dot)com? My brother is on there, he's Greenthumb. I bet he'd enjoy seeing your beautiful deck! I love how your property has so many beautiful trees around- it feels so airy and spacious! Someday I'd like a big yard with more property like that. Thanks for sharing!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Loved seeing your yard and deck... I am ready for spring too!

Campffire said...

What a gorgeous deck you have! Do you plant all of the baskets yourself, or purchase the per-planted ones? I have always tried to start seedlings indoors in March and then plant the flowers in baskets, but they look nothing like yours. I love your quilting and tablescaping, too. You are a woman of many talents!

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi everyone,
For some reason these comments are not getting to my email. I must have a setting wrong.

Thank you all for the nice comments. To answer the questions:

No, don't participate on anything. No time. It's all I can do to get my posts in on all these blogs.

I plant almost all of the baskets myself. One year I bought all the hangers and I really like that-- so convenient-- but it can be pretty expensive since I want the "premium" planted baskets....I don't want just one flower in them. It's even getting quite expensive to plant them myself these days.

I hope you all come by in the spring.

Unknown said...

wow..........beautiful