Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A New Deck Color Scheme for 2008


Turquoise

Orange

and

Lime Green

I think this would be a vibrant summery color scheme.

Orange would be the accent color.




I think my big orange cannas would look great with this color scheme.

I would have to make all new pillows, glider quilt and chair throws after I find fabric in the chosen scheme. Hopefully I would have it all in my ever-increasing stash, but probably not. I think I have used most of my orange fabrics this past fall. It would be a lot of work...................

Fast forward to 4 months later...it was a lot of work, but when summer finally arrived I had this: Lots of throw pillows,
a lap quilt to hang over the back of the glider, and a couple of small chair backs.


I even painted some of my birdhouses to match the new color scheme.
I covered the seat cushions in some of the same fabric is used in the quilt pieces.

It was well worth all the work to make these. Don't you think it's much more inviting than this naked glider?

No comments: