Monday, August 25, 2008

Tropicannas

I know of no plant with more intersting foliage than the Tropicannas. Just look at these leaves.

The original Tropicanna

Tropicanna Gold


Tropicanna Black

The only one I have in flower right now is Tropicanna Black. It has a vibrant red orange flower.

Black is the tallest of the three Trops. For me it's on the verge of being too tall.

Just a couple of weeks ago one of mine snapped off on a rainy windy day.

Today I noticed it's producing another bloom on a stem half the normal height. I may purposely break some off next year to keep them shorter. I will have to wait and see all three blooming together to see if the taller height may be needed when that happens.

1 comment:

The Proverbs Wife said...

I hate when that happens. My Dahlia's have been snapping off in the wind. I have been forced to clip them and bring them indoors to enjiy them.